I’ve been in hiding for a while, haven’t I? I last posted on this site over a year ago. What have I been doing? Well, I tell ya…
- In the fall of 2013, I completed draft #1 of my first YA novel, tentatively titled Senior Experiment.
- In November of 2013, I participated in NaNoWriMo and met the goal of over 50,000 words written for my second YA novel, tentatively titled Alone.
- In January of 2014, I was lucky to have students in a local high school AP English class review Senior Experiment. They had a lot of valuable comments. I’m grateful for their input.
- For the next few months in 2014, I re-wrote Senior Experiment, incorporating the suggestions from the students’ review.
- I took a 6-month hiatus from writing until November of 2014 when I finished drafting Alone–adding 60,000+ words to the over 50,000 I wrote the previous year.
- In December, I edited Senior Experiment and put it on the shelf.
- Last month I revised Alone and set it aside for a month.
- I’m now editing Alone, preparing for queries.
So now that you know what I’ve been doing for the past year or so, I’ll try not to hide any longer. I plan on ramping up my posting activity. Stay tuned!
And thanks for your support!